Saturday, April 9, 2011

Egregore

Egregore

"Egregore is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people."



Egregore, 2009
Piece made from about 50 digital photos, I ended up using the image on a skateboard for Steam Whistle Brewing's Design a Deck annual show at the Baitshop Gallery, Toronto. For the application on the actual board I reproduced the collage in by printing out layers and adhering them to the wood using strong glue. This allowed me to produce hints of depth by bevelling certain areas and building up others. Afterward I coated the whole piece with a nice gloss. Unfortunately my photo of it was a bit out of focus but here is an image of the final board design which is close to how the final piece looked in any case:

No comments:

Post a Comment